Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Patrick Dougherty's Stickworks





Landscape artist Patrick Dougherty has a new photographic catalogue of his extraordinary creations, available on his website. I was going to put this on my Christmas list, but I just couldn't wait so I've already ordered it...



One of his latest installations is the "Summer Palace", above, at the Morris Aboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. They blogged the process of its creation, documenting the growth of the 25 foot high structure from thousands of sticks.

"Dougherty arrives at the site of each new installation with no preconceptions as to what he will create. Instead, using locally gathered natural materials, he draws inspiration from the surrounding environment to design a large-scale structure that when completed, may remind visitors of a nest, cocoon or even a fairy tale dwelling. Each of his sculptures is designed and executed without the use of nails or other supportive hardware, and the result is a creation that may resemble something artful that was shaped by a powerful wind that swept across the landscape."
Google+ Linked In Pin It
12 comments:
Judybec said...

Wow, beautiful blog you've got here! I "follow" Patrick D on google and it lead me to you. I've had such a lovely time reading your blog -- wonderful collection of topics. (I absolutely adore those miniature gardens and the Japanese dish gardens!)
I've got you bookmarked now so I can keep in touch.
All the best!

Anna/Flowergardengirl said...

Such a work of patience and natural talent. I'd never be able to see that in the raw. Love your passion about it.

Brent said...

The Santa Barbara Botannical Gardens is the sire of the first picture in your blog. I went a couple times and it was every bit as nice as the picture.

Brent said...

The Santa Barbara Botannical Gardens is the sire of the first picture in your blog. I went a couple times and it was every bit as nice as the picture.

Hermes said...

Those are so good - what an imagination and talent.

Craig said...

I had the privilege of working with Patrick on an installation a few years ago. Nicest guy you'd ever want to spend time with. See this post: http://www.remarc.com/craig/?p=20

And these: http://www.remarc.com/craig/?s=dougherty

zoe said...

how amazingly creative! beautiful post....

KatePresents said...

With your permission, I'd like to re-post this on my blog. I love the detail and patience involved in these. I will, of course, link to your article.

Thanks!
Kate Wiseman
www.sageoutdoordesigns.com
http://katepresents.blogspot.com

Tony Renner said...

these are amazing... i'd love to see them in person... send patrick to st. louis...!

marlyat2 said...

I've been noodling through your blog and enjoying it very much, Arcady! Stopped here to catch my breath and go back to work, but I'll be sure and come back. I have seen and gone inside some of Dougherty's stickworks--in fact, seems to me I've posted on them myself. Good place to pause...

Hermes said...

Thanks

KarenSloan-WallFlowerStudio said...

Fantastic. I really enjoy your blogs. Great information and incredible photos.
I've never seen anything like the Stickworks. Very tranquil looking.

All Rights Reserved by gardenhistorygirl © 2015 - 2016