Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

And speaking of old garden books...


The catalogue that makes my knees go weak is that of Hinck and Wall, antiquarian booksellers with a specialty in garden history. (They also, enviably, own the url gardenhistory.com).


If-wishes-were-horses-and-beggars-could-ride I might choose to own the entire 1913-1969 run of the super-luxe French garden periodical LA GAZETTE ILLUSTRÉE DES AMATEURS DE JARDINS at $8000 the set. Hand-colored plates, high quality photographs, and occasional watercolors, and the source of the lovely image above, another of my Art Deco gardens. Note the stepped 'Aztec' arches; a recurring Deco motif.

Steep prices, but beautiful historic volumes...if you can afford these I envy you.

Oh for pots of money for piles of books!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
3 comments:
Curtis said...

What a treasure to find these in your attic.

kate said...

I don't know that this was such a good thing to find - now I'm lusting after several Hinck and Walls books ... La Gazette illustrée est magnifique. Sigh ... wouldn't it be lovely to run across such books in a second-hand bookstore? No such luck now with the internet.

I enjoy your blog very much - thank you for sharing your knowledge and your finds!

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Thanks for the link. I love the idea of your blog, and another Oklahoma gardener. Yeah! I found you on Blotanical.~~Dee

All Rights Reserved by gardenhistorygirl © 2015 - 2016